Senior Java Developer
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hours per week
40 hours p/week
This position is opened for 36 months (or permanent)
Are you a successful Full Stack Developer who masters the latest emerging technologies,
processes and architectures? Do you have the thirst to truly understand Analytics-driven
businesses and user needs, and are able to translate them into software solutions that
make business impact?
Spearhead software development projects in our D&E business line within ASML, to
interact with customers and create diagnostic products in a diverse range part of the
ASML diagnostic tool suite. These products will strike a positive impact at the core of our
customers’ business. To achieve this you will implement, the very latest developments
and innovations in software. And more than just exceptional technical talent, you will
employ excellent communications skills that enables you to not only investigate customer
requirements but also to explain and convince non-software people about the nature and
opportunities of complex applications.
Our products push the boundaries in chip manufacturing, for this we are damn proud at
ASML. The data going around increases tremendously and it is up to you to design and
implement robust solutions to manage them keenly.
You will be a dynamic investigator, and a visionary recognized solutions provider.
Fulfilling a challenging position compelling you to develop and practice an exciting variety
of abilities and skills.
As a developer you will specify detailed product software designs, keeping testability,
extendibility and maintainability in mind in line with the overall design & architecture.
With key challenge to map this knowledge and experience to the benefit of our ASML
diagnostics product suite. In particular, you will:
• Write performant, functional, robust, and well tested code;
• Translate detailed business requirements into detailed design specifications and hence
into design strategies and patterns;
• Own and maintain detailed design specifications, with focus on continuous improvement
derived from lessons learned and customer feedback;
• Follow emerging developments and trends in relevant technical areas, and apply new
technologies, standards and methodologies that will have a positive impact on our
• Establish close collaborations with development teams. Balance the interests of the
customer, the organization and the people, in creating an extensible design specification,
while fulfilling immediate user needs and business goals, paves the way for future
• Identify and mitigate risks with your peers during the development of new products;
• Also, contribute to the maturation of existing designs, lead initiatives aiming at improving
code quality, implementing coding standards and ensuring test coverage.
• MSc in Computer Science or Information Technology is appreciated.
• 8+ years from which at least 3 years as a Full Stack Software Developer in a complex,
technically demanding and data savvy industry.
• Novel Software Engineering principles and architectures / Containerized deployment (e.g.
Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Maven 3) / Test & Validation frameworks / UML / Object
orientation / Java SE 8, EE 7, Wildfly / SAFE & Scrum/ Front end technologies (Node 10,
Angular 6) – hands-on experience all expected. As well as hands-on experience with Oracle
• Passionate about your new technologies, intrinsically motivated and proactive;
• Has analytical mindset,
• Product, customer and quality-oriented;
• Investigates issues, creative in solving problems, not afraid to present your solutions,
willingness to take initiative and share his/her ideas;
• Open-minded, communicative and ready to confront technical and architectural
challenges and identify and exploit opportunities;
• An innovator and who constantly seeks to build knowledge and (net-)work;
• Exhibit role model behavior in the team on both technical domain as well as interpersonal
aspects, with a keen aptitude towards coaching and mentoring.
• Take ownership, be the backbone of the team, and support peers
• Customer, product and quality oriented – who strives and finds optimal ways to achieve
Keywords: software development, software architecture, computer science, IT, Puppet,
Maven, Java EE, Wildfly, Node, Angular, Oracle, Scrum, SAFE, UML, product development,
object oriented, innovation.