Construction Worker Job Description
We are seeking a hard-working and reliable construction worker to join our team. You will participate in a variety of construction projects and follow construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor. Although experience isn't essential, you will have to be physically fit and a fast learner.
To be successful in this position, you will work well as part of a team, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Construction Worker Responsibilities:
• Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
• Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
• Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
• Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding.
• Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.
• Assisting with transport and operation of heavy machinery and equipment.
• Regulating traffic and erecting traffic signs.
• Following all health and safety regulations.
• Digging holes, tunnels, and shafts.
• Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
Construction Worker Job Requirements:
• No formal qualification is required, although a high school diploma may be preferred.
• Similar work experience may be beneficial.
• Licensure to work with hazardous materials may be required.
• Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
• Be mild-tempered and a team player.
• Be healthy, strong, and fit.